Southwood Fibre is committed to operating a sustainable business that provides maximum benefit to the Huon Valley community. We take our social and environmental responsibilities seriously and will do all we can to minimise impact on local residents and the surrounding environment.
- Our operations will not cause conflicts or interfere with other operators in the area;
- We commit to developing meaningful relationships with the local community and key stakeholders, enabling open communication;
- Identify aspects of our business that will impact on people and communities and ensure measures are put in place to operate within agreed scope;
- Running an operation that achieves no harm to people, assets or the environment.
- We commit to operating a sustainable and transparent business, sourcing product from coupes where there is a Forest Practices Plan in place certified under the Forest Practices Act 1985 and where wood is certified by Australian Forestry Standard and the Forestry Stewardship Council;
- We will operate in compliance with all relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice and prescribed requirements;
- Implement and maintain an environmental risk management policy and ensure all staff and contractors are fully aware of all environmental requirements when on site.